This program aims to develop a pre-apprenticeship opportunity aligned with local apprenticeships, trade schools, and community colleges to provide more post-secondary opportunities and entry-level jobs.
Prepare students for success by learning long-lasting skills to provide a thriving, educated workforce to local businesses, with essential and intermedia skills and a good work ethic. Prepare students for post-secondary education and maintain a safe and organized cultural environment. Prepare students to understand the basic, intermediate, and advanced construction skills and with a basic understanding of Blueprint reading.
- Offer opportunities for students to participate in activities that will prepare them for professional roles in the trades.
- Require our second-year students to take OHSA 10-Hour Certification, CPR/First Aid, and Safety Training certifications.
- CTE Advisory Committee and Educators will continuously improve the curriculum for today’s career needs.
- Require students to interact with local industries doing job shadows, receiving tours, or participating in guest speaker events.
- Prepare students for success by learning long-lasting skills.
- Provide a thriving, educated workforce to local businesses, with essential and intermediate skills and a good work ethic.
- Prepare students for post-secondary education.
- Maintain a safe and organized cultural environment.
- Prepare students to understand basic, intermediate, and advanced construction skills.
- Prepare students with residential blueprint reading skills.
What is an Advisory Committee?
A CTE Program Advisory Committee is a group of individuals whose experience and abilities represent a cross-section of a particular occupational area. Program Advisory Committee assists educators in establishing, operating, and evaluating CTE programs. In this role, they serve the needs of the students, the community, and the business/industry partners and help to ensure relevance and quality. One of the most common characteristics associated with quality programs in CTE is the strong relationships they have with their business partners. Local advisory committees are often the most effective means of developing and strengthening such partnerships
Our Amazing Team!
- Mid-Valley Comercial Construction
- Jesse Vigil, Owner
- Baldwin General Contracting
- Yohn Baldwin, Owner
- Pacific Northwest Carpentry Instituted
- John Jellum, Apprenticeship Coordinator
- Redwood Construction
- Oscar Mendoza, Owner
- Clayton Homes
- Matt Bixby, TMX Coordinator, and Hiring & Recruiting
If you need a dog home, chicken coop, custom shed, or anything else, please contact us!
What is up for sale right now? Click Here
For more information:
Gabe Diaz, CTE, Construction Trades Teacher
Albany Options School